Geocaching Tour Schröcken
"Walserdorf & Naturjuwelen"
Following the tracks of the Walser.
In the 14th century people from the Switzerland, the so-called Walser, left their country and settled here in the mountains of the Tannberg region. The hard winter with enormous amounts of snow as well as the exhausting mountain farming in summer left their marks on the character of the people who live here nowadays in Warth, Schröcken and Lech.
The cultural tour:
The geocaching tour "Walserdorf & Naturjuwelen" is dedicated to the topic "culture" and lead geocachers through the Tannberg region. Along ten stations you can dive into the history of the Walser people: from the plot Nesslegg with view of the village Schröcken you go until the nature jewel lake Körbersee. From here you hike to the hut "Alpe Noboda" and further to an antique museum. Cross the river "Fellbach" and its alp to go back to Schröcken. One of the highlights of this tour is definitely the earthcache "Gletschermühle".
Facts & Figures
|Length:||ca 6,5 km|
Important information for your safety:
- All persons who are looking for caches that has been laid out from the provider "Tannberg", are acting at their own risk!
- Both listing, difficulty and terrain appraisal have to be noticed!
- Each geocacher need to proof the on-site situation according his/her physical and psychical capabilities.
- No cache is worth to risk his own health!
- Warth-Schröcken Tourism as well as the Tannberg region do not incur liability for accidents of all kinds that could occur on the recommendet routes and tours.